Tonight I was scouring the internet looking for February’s book tag when I stumbled across this incredibly fun looking one on DreamlandBookBlog. The premise involves writing down 30 character names on pieces of paper, putting them in a bowl/cup/jar/black hole, and then choosing two at random for every question. Your job after you’ve picked your two champions is to decide which one of them best fits the question/situation, and which one isn’t “good enough”. Here we go!
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling Bee team, who would you pick to complete your team?
Esme Cullen (Twilight) OR Jack Reacher
I’d have to pick Esme, on the grounds that she’s had years and years to read and learn; she’s bound to be clever!
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass) OR Clare Abshire (The Time Traveler’s Wife)
Definitely Celaena since she’s an assassin!
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose to?
Alex Rider (Stormbreaker) OR Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
Interesting. Alex is only fifteen, so that’d be weird, but Katniss would hate all the entire concept of the show. I’ll go with Alex since he’s cute.
4. You’ve been chosen for The Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Noah Calhoun (The Notebook) OR Edward Cullen (Twilight)
Both are incredibly devoted to their loved ones, but I expect Noah would be more likely to volunteer on the grounds that he wouldn’t be exposing himself as a vampire.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Will Traynor (Me Before You) OR Thomas (The Maze Runner)
That’s got to be Will, primarily because of his condition.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own TV show of course), who is your sidekick?
Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) OR Lucy Pevensie (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Lucy would probably be the most useful, but Luna has a mysterious sixth sense: Lucy.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Jacob Black (Twilight) OR Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)
First of all, avocado admiring company?! Probably Tyrion, as he keeps too much information to himself.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favourite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Charlie Bucket (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) OR Cath Avery (Fangirl)
Cath, definitely. Since she writes fan fiction she’s entirely immersed in the world of fictional characters.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games) OR Christian Grey (50 Shades of Grey)
Hahahaha. Peeta is the most loyal guy and I can see him having a group of friends, but Christian is the bad boy, albeit a loner: Peeta.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Lou Clark (Me Before You) OR Georgia Nicholson (Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging)
Both are a bit dipsy in their own way, but Lou is probably more likely to forget.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would most likely be?
Linh Cinder (Cinder) OR Clarke Griffin (The 100)
Clarke, because she’s more open about who she is and what she likes. She’s popular but not in an annoying way, plus I think she’d give some awesome sci-fi recommendations.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Voldemort (Harry Potter) OR Ana Steele (50 Shades of Grey)
Ana. At least we could talk books/publishing.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) OR Percy Jackson
Ooooh, that’s tough. Hermione would produce one smart child, but Percy’s child would have Greek-god blood. I’ll go with Hermione, since I’d be less scared about my child living in a post-Voldemort world than a world dominated by vengeful Greek-gods.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Jane Eyre OR Bridget Jones
Bridget. She’d probably think she’d replied, then write in her diary that I was ignoring her, only to realise that she’d never pressed send.
15. You’ve just woken up and its time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by who?!
Amy Dunne (Gone Girl) OR Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games)
Well I certainly wouldn’t want Amy anywhere near me, so Effie with all her Capitol style and etiquette.
That was fun!
For more content, visit @charlottebibliophile on Goodreads, Instagram and YouTube