October 18: Top Ten Characters I’d Name A Child After
Whilst I could, in theory, name any future children after my favourite book characters, I think Hermione, Clarke and Katniss might be ridiculed a bit too much, hence my list is ten names I would actually consider using.
1. Lily (after Lily Potter in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling)
Lily has been top of my list for years. Lily Potter showcases the true meaning of love, by giving her life to protect her only child.
2. Esme (after Esme Cullen in Twilight by Stephenie Meyer)
I love this as a middle name; I think it’s beautiful. As a character, Esme is loving, unassuming and fiercely loyal.
3. Rosie (after Rosie Dunne in Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern)
Rosie is a really cute name for a kid. Where Rainbows End‘s Rosie is bold, resourceful and incredibly smart and hardworking.
4. Sophie (after Sophie May in Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher)
Sophie is a beautiful and classic name. Whilst the character was damaged, she was brave and true to herself.
5. Alex(andra) (after Alex Rider in Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz)
I love Alex/Alexis/Alexa/Alexandra for a girl. All characters named Alex seem to be strong and brave.
6. Jack (after Jack Reacher in Killing Floor by Lee Child)
Is there a stronger name than Jack? Reacher is smart, brave (sometimes recklessly so) and always does the right thing by others.
7. Noah (after Noah Calhoun in The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks)
I adore this name and I have done for years. The Notebook‘s Noah is incredibly romantic, loyal and well intentioned.
8. Ethan (after Ethan Kavanagh in Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James)
Whilst I’m not thrilled at the Fifty Shades association, I do love this name, and the character is smart and relatively straightforward (for this series).
9. Lucien (after Lucien in A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas)
I really like all variants of Luke, and Lucien is no different. In ACOTAR, he’s witty, charming and absolutely loyal.
10. Jacob (after Jacob Black in Twilight by Stephenie Meyer)
One of my favourite boy’s names, it also happens to be the name of one of my favourite literary characters of all time. Jake is strong, caring and devoted to those he loves.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Check out their blog and get involved!
For more content, visit @charlottebibliophile on Goodreads, Instagram and YouTube