On May 26, I wrote a post entitled Top Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer, which featured the following novels (in no particular order):
- The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- The 100 by Kass Morgan
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Leviathan
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
These were ten books I intended to read over the course of the summer – some I had loaded on my Kindle, some on my iPhone as audiobooks, and some in traditional paper, and the plan was to read them by the pool in France.
Unfortunately it did not go to plan. At all. I only read one of the ten books, which thankfully was enjoyable enough. It’s not that I haven’t been reading, it’s just that I’ve picked up different books, and I’ve mostly really enjoyed them – so that’s the main thing.
Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (6/10)
Despite failing abysmally on this occasion, I do still want to read the remaining nine books on the list, especially “The Isle of the Lost” because I’m completely obsessed with all things fairytale at the moment.
My next Successes and Failures post will go live on September 22nd, when I will be doing my wrap-up of ‘Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015’. Here’s hoping for better luck at sticking to my TBR next time.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Check out their blog and get involved!
My journey will also be instagrammed frequently on @charlottebibliophile