Last month I set myself the goal of reading five books – focusing on the five I was currently reading. I managed to read four, with three from the currently reading pile, so it was a small success, but largely a failure. Instead, July seemed to be the month for starting new books, but not getting anywhere with them – I began reading six new books this month, and I only finished one (‘Life and Laughing’ by Michael McIntyre).
I have made significant progress with a number of my current reads, so I’m aiming to finish five books, with at least four being from the first seven. Just think how nice it would be to eliminate my currently reading pile though – I can dream can’t I?!
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Grey by E.L. James
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Noughts and Crosses: The Graphic Novel by Malorie Blackman
- Gone by Michael Grant
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan
I’m currently on holiday in France with only my Kindle for company, which somewhat limits the books I can and can’t read until I head home, but if I were to put money on it, I’d say I’ll finish reading ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ and ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ this week. Look out for the coming reviews.
Thirty-one down, nineteen to go. (Thirty-nine read)
My journey will also be instagrammed frequently on @charlottebibliophile